Membership in the Sons of Confederate Veterans is open to all male descendants of any veteran who served honorably in the Confederate armed forces.  Membership can be obtained through either direct or collateral family lines.  Kinship to a veteran must be documented genealogically.  The minimum age for membership is 12 years old.

Applicants must submit an application form along with a detailed genealogy describing your relationship to the veteran, and proof of his service. 

Proof of kinship to a Confederate soldier can take many forms.  The easiest method is to contact the archives of the state from which the soldier joined the Confederate military or in which he lived in at the time of the war and obtain a copy of the veterans military service records.  All Southern states' archives have microfilm records of all the soldiers who fought from that state, and a copy of the information can usually be obtained for a nominal fee.  In some cases, you may need to visit the archives to search for the service record yourself.  In addition to individual service records, the archives will likely have the records on the pensions the former Confederate states awarded to veterans and their widows.  All of these records contain a wealth of information that can be used to document the veteran's military service.

Prospective members are invited to attend a meeting at which time an application form can be obtained.  Attending a meeting provides the opportunity to meet face to face and resolve any questions about the organization you may have.   Alternatively, an application can be sent to you by postal mail service if you provide your address to the camp Commander or Adjutant by email or by mailing a request to:   

Sam Davis Camp #596  

c/o Beauvoir 

2244 Beach Boulevard

 Biloxi, Mississippi 39531

Email addresses can be found on the "contact us" page.  You can also complete and print out an application and ancestor lineage form by clicking on the link to the left and bring it to a meeting along with your ancestor's service records or mailing it to the camp at the above address.  

                                      How To Join Us

      No Confederate Ancestors?

 Then join the Friends of the SCV!

If you are not eligible to become a member of the Sons of Confederate Veterans due to not having Confederate ancestors, but want to affiliate yourself with the Sam Davis Camp #596 or another SCV Camp in your area and take part in camp activities, then the "Friends of the SCV" program may be for you.  "Friends" receive a nice certificate suitable for framing, a FOSCV lapel pin and a subscription to the Confederate Veterans Magazine.

Contact us or your local camp about joining as a Friend of the SCV.  Application form link is to the left of page. 

When opening the application form link on the left, You can fill out the application while on the page and then print it out to mail it to us or bring it to a future meeting.

  For Ancestor         Lineage Chart

     For Friends of  SCV

      Application Form 

For Application Form